I started making this iced tea for my husband a couple of months ago and it has become a staple in our house. He is a person that only really drinks water, Red Bull, and Pepsi. He was looking for a drink that still had some caffeine and sweetness but was a healthier option to having a second Red Bull.
I consider this a recipe remix because I add one regular tea bag to it for the depth of color and to soften the flavor of the green tea. In my opinion, green tea takes getting used to and since he doesn’t drink green tea, I thought easing into that flavor would be smart.
- 6 green tea bags
- 1 black tea bag
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups hot water (175°)
- 4 cups cold water
- Heat water to 175° (if you don’t have temperature control, boil and let cool for about 3 minutes)
- Brew tea for 3 minutes
- Squeeze excess water from tea bags
- Add honey and stir until dissolved
- Add 4 cups cold water
- Refrigerate until cold
I know it’s not groundbreaking, but it really surprised me that my husband likes it so much given that he either drinks something super sweet or water. So to see him like something that is in between the two extremes seemed like a recipe worth sharing.
Let me know if you give it a try.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider sticking around and checking out more of my content.
- Brands A-Z: Check out this index if you want to know what products I have posted about in the past.
- MAC Cosmetics: I likely have some swatches you’ve been searching for if you love Mac as much as I do.
- Shop My Stash: Join me as I share swatches of my products and occasionally search for alternatives to new releases.
**Disclaimer: I purchased all products featured with my own money. This site participates in the WordAds program, receiving a minimal commission from displayed ads. For my full disclosure policy, click here.