Makeup Geek Foiled Eyeshadows ($8.49) promise a metallic sheen due the powder/cream hybrid formula. The shades I purchased are from the brand’s 2020 relaunch when they updated their formulas, color selection, and packaging.
- Grandstand is described as a neutral medium copper brown (top left)
- Legend is described as a warm copper (top right)
- Mystical is described as a warm deep plum (bottom left)
- Flame Thrower is described as a warm copper (bottom right)
I definitely think that the formula delivers the metallic sheen as promised. You can get a more subtle finish from these shadows if you apply them with a flat shader brush. In my experience, you can get a shiner finish with more impact if you apply them with a finger.
Unfortunately, that is were the good news ends for me. I did have some fallout and it isn’t easy to wipe away. The fallout sticks to my face and then it is hard to remove. This was worse for the shade Mystical, I assume because the shade is darker and has more contrast with my skin tone. I also experienced fallout throughout wear, but it wasn’t noticeable from a normal distance. It is one of those things only someone trying to examine products for review would see.
The major problem with this formula for me is wear time. After about 4 hours, it was creasing and there was some patchiness. I used my typical primer, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, which I use with all formulas. I do have slightly hooded eyes and my right eye is more hooded than the left. The entire reason that I use eyeshadow primer is because I get oily in the crease area of my eyes due to them being hooded. So, if your eye shape is different, you may not have this issue. There are also more mattifying eyeshadow primers, so that could possibly help this formula last better. MAC paint pots tend to be popular as eye primers. I’ve found them to be too drying for me, but maybe that could be a better option for the Makeup Geek Foiled eyeshadow formula.
Do you use Makeup Geek shadows? What do you think of them? Let us know in the comments.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider sticking around and checking out more of my content.
- Brands A-Z: Check out this index if you want to know what products I have posted about in the past.
- MAC Cosmetics: I likely have some swatches you’ve been searching for if you love Mac as much as I do.
- Shop My Stash: Join me as I share swatches of my products and occasionally search for alternatives to new releases.
**Disclaimer: I purchased all products featured with my own money. This site participates in the WordAds program, receiving a minimal commission from displayed ads. For my full disclosure policy, click here.